Professional development of mathematics teachers with improved teaching methodology
Project was about Professional development of mathematics teachers with improved teaching methodology (SS/SST, higher Secondary Schools of KP).
A total number of 815 Mathematics teachers were trained.
We were able to complete it by carrying out the following actions :
• In consultation with Director Education KPK and, Directorate of curriculum and Teacher Education (DCTE) and Executive District education officer, District level training plans were formulated.
• Meeting with concerned Education managers at concerned Districts were held and individual’s venue plans were shared with ADO’s at Tehsil level.
• School heads of training venues and participating teachers were informed through letters and phone calls.
• Training were held as per schedule approved by provincial education authorities.
• Total 39 (5 days training Sessions ) were conducted in which the teachers were briefed and oriented about content Pedagogy and various concepts of mathematics at secondary and Higher Secondary grades.
• This training phase was followed by 2 to 3 weeks practice time and teachers were assigned different topics to practice as per their learning from 5 days sessions.
• In Phase 2 of this professional development Program , 3 days workshops were conducted as per schedule similar to initial 5 days training sessions , trainers who attended 1st phase training were supposed to attend these follow up sessions and make presentations on their practices and learning from professional development courses.
• Highly skilled and refined team of Master trainers made the formal assessments for presentations by each participant. The teachers were briefed about their shortcomings in subject knowledge.